Why should I neuter my cat?
8 Reasons to neuter your cat
1. Helps reduce the overpopulation of cats.
2. Reduces unwanted behaviours such as inter-cat aggression between house mates.
3. Reduces roaming in male cats. An intact male will do just about anything to find a mate, including escaping from the house. Roaming can risk your cat from getting into fights with other animals, being hit by a car, lost or stolen, or injured by extreme weather.
4. Reduces the risk of testicular and prostate cancer in males and FIV.
5. Your female cat will live a longer, healthier life. Spaying helps prevent uterine infections and breast cancer, which is fatal in about 90 percent of cats. Spaying your pet before her first heat offers the best protection from these diseases.
6. Reduces the urge for your male cat to spray urine to mark territory.
7. Your spayed female won't go into heat.
8. Your neutered male will be much better behaved.
Please keep your eyes open for assisted neutering schemes which provide financial support towards the cost of neutering your cat. Cats Protection and the RSPCA often run such schemes which will be advertised on their respective Facebook pages and websites.